Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. and Balfour Beatty Construction, LLC (including its parent and subsidiaries) (collectively “Balfour Beatty”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we obtain when you visit our websites or mobile apps that link to this Online Privacy Notice (collectively, “Sites”), how we use the information, and with whom we share it. We also describe measures we take to safeguard the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
If you are a California resident, please also see our California Consumer Privacy Statement.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use The Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links To Other Services and Features
- Updates To Our Online Privacy Notice
- How To Contact Us
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
The types of personal information we obtain about you when you visit our Sites may include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address and phone number;
- Professional and employment information, such as your occupation and job title;
- Information that we obtain about you when you apply for a job with us, such as information in your resume (e.g., education and work history), legal work eligibility status, citizenship status, background check information, and information collected for diversity monitoring purposes; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through online forms or communications.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, WiFi network identifiers and signals, battery and signal strength, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, usage information and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Sites to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Sites; (3) tailor the Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Note, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the personal information we obtain about you through our Sites to:
- Provide our products and services, including the Sites;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Send you newsletters, marketing materials and other communications;
- Establish and manage our business relationships;
- Personalize your experience with us, including on our Sites;
- Manage career opportunities at Balfour Beatty, including for recruitment purposes, employee onboarding and other HR purposes;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Perform analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information);
- Operate, evaluate, develop and improve our business (including managing our Sites, products and services, developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our Sites, products and services; managing and evaluating our communications; analyzing our Sites, products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Sites, products and services, and prevent misuse; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and Balfour Beatty policies and terms.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze how visitors use our Sites. The information we obtain through our Sites may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may share the information we obtain about you with professional services organizations (e.g., law firms and auditors) and our service providers who perform services on our behalf. We do not authorize our service providers to retain, use or disclose the personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Our Sites are intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13.
LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES AND FEATURES
For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to other online services and features, including apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or features are not owned or controlled by Balfour Beatty, we are not responsible for these parties’ information practices.
UPDATES TO OUR ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the Online Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Online Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated: June 30, 2023
Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. and Balfour Beatty Construction, LLC (including each of its parents and subsidiaries) (collectively “Balfour Beatty”) respect your concerns about privacy. This California Consumer Privacy Statement (“Statement”) supplements the Balfour Beatty Online Privacy Notice (“Online Privacy Notice”) and applies solely to personal information collected about California consumers, such as website visitors and representatives of our business clients, business partners and vendors. This Statement does not apply to personal information collected about Balfour Beatty personnel or job applicants.
This Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, education information, and medical information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, disability, citizenship status, and military and veteran status
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, thermal and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We may use (and may have used during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement) your personal information for the purposes described in the Online Privacy Notice and for the following business purposes:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services;
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, such as nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors; and
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the time period reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes described in the Online Privacy Notice and this Statement, or any other notice provided at the time of collection, taking into account applicable statutes of limitation and records retention requirements under applicable law.
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you contact us
- Your devices, such as when you use our online services
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our business clients and business partners
- Data analytics providers
- Social networks
- Public databases
- Government entities
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information
|Categories of Third Parties
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Statement, we may have disclosed personal information about you to government entities and third parties in connection with actual or proposed corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
We do not sell, or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes, personal information about California consumers covered by this Statement.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared about you, including the categories of personal information collected, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
How to Submit a Request. To submit an access, correction, or deletion request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (855) 466-5611. To submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, please email email@example.com with the subject line Authorized Agent Request”.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your deletion or correction request. If you have an account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have an account with us and you request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may require you to authenticate your email address and/or verify your information in our records, such as your name, contact information, prior correspondence with us or other details about your relationship to Balfour Beatty. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.