Balfour Beatty and HMC Architects provided design-build services to deliver the new North Coastal Health and Human Services Agency Building. Scope of work included demolishing the North Coastal Regional Center built in 1957 and Public Health Center built in 1958, and to co-locate programs and services in the new three-story office building, containing approximately 45,000 net square feet of usable area at the Mission and Barnes site. The new North Coastal HHSA Facility houses Aging & Independence Services, Military and Veterans Resource Center, Community Health Promotions, Regional Administration, Public Health Services and Behavioral Health Services.
The new facility utilizes low impact development standards and uses sustainable design principles, practices and performance. The architecture, engineering, landscaping and building systems were designed for efficiency and ease of maintenance. The facility, which has already achieved LEED Platinum Certification, is the only ZNE project listed in California that is a County-owned medical office.