Balfour Beatty was a member of the joint venture responsible for the contract to design, build, finance, operate, and maintain (DBFOM) the 36-mile Eagle Commuter Rail Network. The multi-billion dollar Eagle P3 Commuter Rail project is the country’s first public-private partnership transit project in the United States. The project includes:
- University of Colorado A Line – a new 22.8-mile commuter rail line from Denver International Airport (DIA) to Denver Union Station (DUS)
- B Line – a new 6.2-mile line from DUS to a new station at South Westminster
- Gold Line – a new 11.2-mile commuter rail line from DUS to Wheat Ridge
- Approximately 50 new electric-powered commuter railcars
- A new commuter rail maintenance facility (CRMF) that was certified LEED Gold
- Provision and integration of rolling stock, infrastructure elements (track, stations, structures and railway/road crossings), systems elements (traction power, power supply, Automated Train Control/Positive Train Control, signaling, communications and SCADA systems)
Construction of the various components was completed throughout 2015 and 2016. Balfour Beatty is part of the joint venture responsible for the operations and maintenance of the three lines and the vehicles through 2044.