In Design-Build, the owner contracts with a single entity to perform both design and construction under a single design-build contract.
In this project delivery system, we give you a single point of responsibility for design and construction services. In addition to providing project leadership, we make sure the design is constructible and provide input during construction.
To meet your needs, we offer variations to the design-build delivery system, including design-build-finance and design-build-develop.
A Design-Build project will be most successful if
- The design is less than 20% complete before the construction team is engaged Note: The design-builder selects the designer. The percent design complete refers to design done by the facility owner/developer up front to define the scope for procurement competition. Usually, on qualification-based selection, the scope is defined by the project team.
- The design-build contractor has a high level of experience with the type of facility being built
- Subcontractors have high levels of experience with the type of facility being built
- Subcontractors have high levels of experience with design-build project delivery system
- The project team demonstrates excellent communication skills