In Design-Bid-Build, the owner contracts with a designer to complete the design documents, and then solicits bids from construction contractors to perform the work.
As the contractor in a Design-Bid-Build delivery system, Balfour Beatty Construction subcontracts most of the construction scope to specialty contractor partners.
Key Success Factors:
A Design-Bid-Build project will be most successful if
- The project team demonstrates excellent communication skills
- You can pre-qualify the project team
- Subcontractors have high levels of experience with the type of facility being built
- The contractor pool can be restrained
- The general contractor has a high level of experience with the type of facility being built