As a company, Balfour Beatty Construction is diving into the green movement full-force. We understand that going green isn’t just the latest fad, but a very necessary part of evolving and leading the growth of our industry. We understand the tremendous impact that the built environment has on our planet, and we’re doing our part to propel and support the spirit of sustainable building.
In each of our locations, our Green task teams actively promote our eco-engaged® initiative and incorporate environmental considerations into our planning and operational processes.
These are a few of our notable achievements:
- We employ more than 350 active LEED Accredited Professionals across the United States
- We’re listed as one of the top 10 Green Contractors by Engineering News-Record
- Our portfolio includes $6.2 billion (nearly 18 million square feet) in construction of facilities that meet LEED criteria nationwide
- We’re one of the first companies to achieve Green Contractor Certification from the National Green Committee of Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- We’re a proud sponsor of the U.S. Green Building Council’s 2008 and 2009 Greenbuild Conference and Expo.